You’ve heard the question before:
“Living or not – who would be on your ultimate dinner party guest list?”
At first glance, it seems like a superficial gimmicky question, or a thinly veiled attempt at small talk. But seriously – can you imagine it? Who doesn’t love a good dinner party? And think how much fun it would be to invite literally anyone…!
I’m sure right about now, in the midst of a global pandemic and stay-at-home orders, we would all jump at an invitation to that kind of dinner party.
You don’t need to bring anything – just be your amazing self and get ready for some good conversation, some amazing chemistry, and a heck of a lotta laughter.
Here’s who will be around the table:
(Peruse the list for some serious badassery and prepare to be inspired!)
- Dolly Parton – Big – bosomed, blonde bombshell beauty queen
- The Dalai Lama – I just want to hear the giggles that ensue when Dolly is introduced to the Dalai
- Mr Rogers – He’ll make everyone feel perfect just the way they are. I’ll be curious to see if he shows up in his loafers or tennies.
- Rayma Hayes – Founder of Little Star Montessori school, tea drinker, whiskey lover, and everyone’s surrogate grandmother.
- Tasha Tudor – The OG children’s book illustrator, flower gardener, corgi lover. Even if you don’t know her name, you know her illustrations – I promise.
- Wendell Berry – Farmer, activist, poet, salt of the earth. I’m hoping he likes the food.
- Mary Oliver – As a fellow lover of solitude, I’m assuming she’s an introvert so I’m not going to ask her to recite a poem in front of the group.
- David Whyte – Advocate for courageous conversations in all parts of life, and poetry lover. Maybe he’ll recite one of Mary’s poems.
- Brené Brown – I’m curious to see how David and Brené get along. They kinda preach the same gospel – one with a British accent, the other with a punchy southern drawl.
- Anne Lammott – I want her seated next to me because I know that no matter what happens – serious, funny, powerful, awkward, she’ll be saying something in my ear that will keep me laughing.
- Baylie Huyett – I plan on saying little and just delighting in this glorious human playlist
- YOU! – I’m so glad you’re coming! If you have the time, stay and help me load the dishwasher so we can share all the little details we loved most about this dinner party.
Let us help make your imaginary (or real future) dinner party even more exquisite!
Keep you spirits bright, friends!